About St Gregory’s College
St. gregory’s college was founded on 12th march 1882 by the catholic archdiocese of lagos through the instrumentality of bishop ferdinand terrien for the purpose of giving young boys a holistic education that is built on two pillars – fear of god and sound knowledge of all there is to know. This explains the motto of our beloved college pro fide et scientia (for faith and knowledge).
In faithfulness to the vision of the catholic archdiocese of Lagos, the management of the college since inception, has constantly placed the highest premium on these core values. on these pillars rest the source and summit of our college and of all who are associated with it.
President Welcome Address
Distinguished old boys here in Nigeria and in the Diaspora, you are welcome to the new website of our great Association.
We thank Almighty God for his mercies for still sparing our lives in this Covid 19 Pandemic era. I urge us all to take the Covid vaccines if we haven’t taken them and observe non- pharmaceutical interventions during this period. Stay Safe as the Virus is still very much around.
Since our Annual General Meeting in December 2020, this Executive Committee has focused on insurance for Gregorians, finance, development of this website, projects and events. I will outline them at this stage to this August Assembly.
1. The Executive Committee has appointed Stanbic IBTC Insurance Brokers for the Association.
2. As stated at the last AGM in December 2020 new methods are being devised as well as traditional ones being rejuvenated/revived to boost the revenue base of the association.
3. The ICT Subcommittee under Mr Yinka Marinho has provided the basic foundation/support for our website, financed by the 1981 set, along with developers. On behalf of SGCOBA I wish to thank them.
4. Various sets, alumni, and branches have pledged projects, donations, monetary contributions to SGCOBA and the College. The long-established SGCOBA project committee of the association will be in charge as well as monitor them under the supervision of the 2nd Vice President, Mr Tony Epelle, and the Treasurer, Mr Francis Medesseou respectively.
5. The calendar of events and budgets for the various SGCOBA activities and events will also be enumerated and communicated to all for transparency, probity and accountability purposes.
Hon Justice A F A Ademola (rtd).